International Accounting Lead
In order to capitalize on that opportunity we need to balance investing aggressively and operating with financial discipline. Finance is the strategic engine that drives rigorous decision making and acts as the financial stewards of Stripe’s businesses. And we’d like your help.
Stripe is seeking an accounting leader to join its world class accounting team. We are responsible for supporting the fast growing, dynamic all aspects of the financial, statutory, and internal reporting processes, financial systems, internal controls, and business support.
We’re looking for an International Accounting Lead to manage our growing International team and help us scale for the future, in a fast paced environment. In this role, you will partner with our global Accounting team, as well our Internal Systems, Legal and Tax teams.
- Build scalable accounting processes to support rapid global growth in our international locations.
- Manage multiple accounting teams across APAC, EMEA & LATAM, lead cross-functional initiatives and communicate progress effectively with senior management.
- Partner with Legal, Risk, Compliance, and Tax to support expansion efforts to new markets.
- Own the statutory audit process for our international legal entities.
- Oversee the finance reporting obligations related to our international regulatory licenses.
- Manage the relationships with our outsourced local service providers.
- Own the financial statements for our international legal entities - monthly close, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules, flux analysis, and reporting deliverables.
- Partner with Internal Systems, Tax and Legal teams to support automation, legal entity governance and expansion to new markets.
- Assist with technical accounting analysis, including the preparation of accounting memos.
- Maintain up-to-date accounting policies and procedures.
You should have:
- An accountancy qualification with 15+ years of relevant practice and private industry experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proven experience in the monthly close process and exposure to accounting systems.
- Strong analytical skills and strong knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing cross-functional initiatives.
- Demonstrated track record of maintaining the compliance and good standing of legal entities across multiple jurisdictions.
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP and the ability to prepare relevant technical accounting memos.
- Excellent project management, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience with internal controls.
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
You might also have:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry
- Experience of working for a US multinational
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.