Help scale our finance infrastructure internationally
- Own the financial statements for some of our largest EMEA legal entities - monthly close, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules, flux analysis, and reporting deliverables.
- Own the statutory audit process for some of our largest EMEA legal entities.
- Research technical accounting guidance and issues and perform analysis as needed.
- Have fluency with IFRS and the ability to prepare relevant technical accounting memos.
- Partner with Internal Systems, Tax and Legal teams to support automation, legal entity governance and expansion to new markets.
- Oversee our EMEA finance outsourcing partners. These partners perform day to day bookkeeping tasks and manage payroll, accounts payable and tax compliance on our behalf.
- Review of direct and indirect tax returns which are performed by our outsourcing partners.
- Create documentation to help us scale globally.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have 8+ years of relevant accounting experience, preferably trained in audit (Big 4 preferred) and also have industry experience.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting systems (Oracle or similar).
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing cross-functional initiatives.
- Demonstrated track record of maintaining the compliance and good standing of legal entities across multiple jurisdictions.
- The ability to be detail oriented, but can visualize the larger impact of a series of transactions.
- A good understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Be comfortable with large data sets and pivot tables.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to be flexible and very comfortable with changing requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
- Familiarity with financial regulatory issues across the EMEA region.
- General ledger accounting experience in a fast growing tech environment.
- Experience of working with finance outsourcers.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume or LinkedIn profile
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.