Accounting Lead, LATAM
Help scale our finance infrastructure internationally.
Stripe is building a world class finance team with a goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for a LATAM Accounting Lead to join our fast growing team and help us build our technical accounting and financial reporting processes, work with business partners, financial partners and our world-class engineers. You will help us develop amazing accounting flows and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Own the international financial close process for our LATAM entities. This will include journal entries, reconciliations, inter-company accounting and P&L and balance sheet flux analyses. -You will oversee our finance outsourcing partners. These partners perform payroll, accounts payable and book-keeping tasks on our behalf.
- Assist with the review of direct and indirect tax returns which are performed by our outsourcing partners.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual statutory financial reporting requirements.
- Create documentation to help us scale globally.
- Research technical accounting guidance and issues and perform analysis as needed.
- Assist with financial reporting obligations to regulators in the region.
- Support Stripe’s expansion into new markets in Latin America.
- Be the main point of contact on statutory audits. You will liaise with external auditors and oversee their interactions with our finance outsourcing partners.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years post qualified accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance, trained in practice, preferably in audit.
- Demonstrated experience using accounting systems (Oracle or similar is a bonus). strong understanding of IFRS and U.S. GAAP.
- Understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Professional experience using Excel and working with large data sets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
- General ledger accounting experience in a fast growing multinational environment.
- Experience of working with finance outsourcers.
- Fluency in Portuguese
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.