Internal Controls Lead, Information Technology
Stripe is building a world class Controllership team. We are looking for a bar-raising internal controls lead to drive the implementation of a robust and complete information technology internal controls program. This lead will be excited to build and maintain a strong control environment, and have extensive Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and technology experience. The ideal candidate will also have a proven track record of working within a high-growth organization and influencing and educating senior engineering leaders on the concepts of information technology general and application controls. This role will be based in either Seattle or San Francisco.
This position within the Controllership organization will design and implement internal controls over financial reporting, design internal policies and procedures and establish an information technology controls monitoring program. This position will be responsible for activities related to information technology internal controls development, including risk assessment,, performance of design and operating effectiveness assessment, working with cross-functional teams to address areas of risk and reporting on the progress and effectiveness of the controls program. Our technology infrastructure requires special attention and expertise to design the optimum set of controls.
- Be responsible for all phases of the Company’s ongoing information technology internal controls program from planning through reporting.
- Create, validate and/or rationalize the current documentation of the control environment (e.g., process flows, control matrices) for information technology general controls and application controls.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Company’s transactions and technology stack with process owners to ensure any changes to process are updated and properly assessed.
- Oversee the design and implementation of efficient and effective information technology controls across the Company.
- Develop and execute our internal control validation program, including determining the timing of when different testing cycles will be executed during the year, designing test plans, identifying control opportunities, assisting the process owners and reporting the results in a timely manner .
- Training and provide guidance to all control owners.
- Implement process to ensure any changes to technology processes and controls are updated and assessed periodically.
- Stay current with changes in regulatory guidance and industry leading practices.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or business discipline, supported by 12+ years work experience, preferably in the payment industry, financial services or public accounting firm.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the internal control frameworks (specifically COSO and PCAOB standards) as well as the internal controls concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SOX requirements and ability to assist with documentation of ITGCs to support operational as well as SOX compliance audits.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-motivator and team player who brings a can-do approach.
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Certifications such as, but not limited to CISA, CPA, CIA and CFE.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.