Keep Stripes plugged in
Stripe exists to expand internet commerce and allow greater access to the online economy. By making it easy for new businesses to get started and equipping owners with the tools they need to grow globally, we aim to break down barriers to entry.
We, too, are growing quickly around the world. Keeping Stripes everywhere informed, engaged, and connected demands a lot of thoughtfulness, empathy, and willingness to research and experiment. Our Internal Comms team is looking for someone with the strategic mindset and ingenuity necessary to scale all that makes us uniquely Stripe. This person will work with employees in all corners of the company, including executive leadership, to tell the story of Stripe and continually show how we all fit into a rapidly growing and evolving company. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious and people oriented, and they must be a skilled writer with exacting editorial standards.
- Design and execute creative internal communications programs and content that keep our growing, global team aligned and connected to leadership, promote employee engagement, and help to scale Stripe’s culture.
- Partner with leaders across Stripe to shape and deliver effective communications, whether through writing, live address, or digital media.
- Facilitate productive feedback loops across the company and collaborate with Stripe leaders to develop timely responses.
- Moderate and manage the flow of cross-company information to minimize noise and promote organizational consistency.
You should have:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (a background as a writer is a big plus) and impeccable people skills. You balance rigor with empathy, producing excellent results because you’re in it for the good of those around you.
- 3-5 years of experience in developing effective communications strategies and/or change management strategies, preferably in a high-growth environment. Adaptation is your sport.
- A penchant for working from first principles, converting challenges into opportunities, and seeing what’s on the horizon. You understand that no change occurs in a vacuum.
- A strong ability to develop relationships and work with employees in all functions and at all levels, from interns to executives.
- A strategic mindset, coupled with the ability to sweat the details. Strong working knowledge of digital communication channels and processes, including Slack, G Suite, and Zoom.
- A home base in San Francisco or Seattle, or be willing to relocate.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- Whatever information or materials you think would best help us understand your background and accomplishments.
- Writing and/or digital storytelling samples are always welcome (but not required)!
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.