Internal Communications Lead
Keep Stripes in-the-know.
With 1550 Stripes spread across 10 offices worldwide, internal communications has become the glue that binds us together. As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for an experienced internal communications leader to work closely with our executive team to scale Stripe’s culture and define how we communicate as a fast-growing organization. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, people-oriented, and a skilled writer with exacting editorial standards.
- Design and execute creative internal communications programs that align our growing, global team around core business objectives.
- Partner with Stripe’s leadership team and executives across the company to shape and publish effective internal correspondence.
- Moderate and manage the flow of cross-company information to minimize noise and entrench organizational consistency.
- Streamline existing internal communication channels to help Stripes be more productive; ensuring that relevant information is easy to access and understand.
- Facilitate productive feedback loops across the company and collaborate with Stripe executives to develop timely responses.
- Manage the growing internal comms team.
- Define our internal events programs, including the company all-hands and weekly Q&A sessions with Stripe’s executive team.
- Be a carrier for the Stripe culture, suffusing the Stripe voice into everything we do.
You should have:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (a background as a writer is a plus). 10+ years of experience in developing effective internal communications strategies, preferably in a high-growth environment.
- An ability to develop relationships and work with employees at all levels, including executive leadership.
- A strategic mindset and fine-tuned project management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of digital communication channels and processes, including Hackpad, Slack and Google Apps.
- A home base in San Francisco or be willing to relocate.
You should include these in your application:
- A CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Whatever information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments.
- Writing samples are always welcome!
We don’t expect you to have all these things (but the more the merrier!).
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.