Internal Communications Lead
Keep Stripes in-the-know.
With 1550 Stripes spread across 13 offices worldwide, internal communications has become the glue that binds us together. As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for an experienced internal communications leader to work closely with our executive team to scale Stripe’s culture and define how we communicate as a fast-growing organization. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, people-oriented, and a skilled writer with exacting editorial standards.
- Manage and grow our internal comms team.
- Design and execute creative internal communications programs that align our growing, global organization around core business objectives and provide measurable value.
- Partner with our executive team, leaders across the company, and our external comms team to shape and deliver effective internal messaging.
- Partner with Stripe’s executive team to produce our company all-hands, weekly Q&A sessions, and annual company conference.
- Moderate the flow of cross-company information to increase signal-to-noise ratio, foster organizational consistency, and help Stripes everywhere be more productive.
- Facilitate productive feedback loops across the company, and collaborate with Stripe leadership to promote open, two-way communication.
- Be a carrier for Stripe’s culture, suffusing the Stripe tone into everything we do.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (a background as a writer is a plus).
- 10+ years of experience in strategic communications (including 7+ in internal communications), preferably in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- An ability to develop relationships and work with employees at all levels, including executive leadership, across a wide variety of company functions.
- A strategic mindset and fine-tuned project management skills.
- A strong working knowledge of digital communication channels and processes, including Slack and G Suite.
- A home base in San Francisco (or willingness to relocate to San Francisco).
You should include these in your application:
- A CV/résumé and LinkedIn profile.
- Whatever information you think would best help us understand your background and accomplishments.
- Writing samples (not required, but always welcome).
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in at least one area, and have some interest and capabilities in the others.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.