Internal Audit Lead, Finance & Operations
Stripe is building a world class internal audit team. Our team is responsible for providing independent and objective assurance review on the design and operational effectiveness of Stripe’s framework of risk management, control and governance processes. We’re looking for an Internal Audit Lead, Finance and Operations, with extensive business process and controls experience who is excited to help build and maintain the finance / operational audit program at Stripe. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working within a high-performing, fast-paced environment to build a growing function. This role is based in San Francisco.
- Assist with the development of a risk-based finance and operational audit plan.
- Be recognized as a leader, internal controls expert and consultant; develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with leadership, learning and understanding the business to better provide value-added services and help leadership achieve objectives.
- Plan and execute audits of processes in support of a healthy internal controls environment.
- Participate in ad hoc programs and initiatives to provide control advisory services.
- Ensure the audit team works seamlessly with external auditors, Stripe’s compliance teams, and other second line of defense teams to plan and execute Fin/Ops audit work.
- Ensure the overall quality, consistency, and adherence to departmental and professional standards for Fin/Ops audits, identifying opportunities for audit process improvement and integration with the financial, operational, compliance, and IT audit processes.
- Present findings and recommendations to the executive team and actively monitor audit related remediation and action plans.
- Participate in corporate risk assessment activities and help execute the corporate enterprise risk management plan.
- Research and stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g., FFIEC, PCAOB guidance, SEC, etc.), emerging trends and best practices.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5-7 years of Internal Audit and project management experience with an accounting, consulting, or financial services firm.
- Sound knowledge and experience in payment services, banking / financial services and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to act as a financial, operational, regulatory, and risk management consultant to management in any area of financial services with minimal oversight; must have knowledge of regulatory compliance in addition to expertise in finance and operations.
- Strong executive presence and ability to discuss complex issues with any level of management.
- High quality critical thinker with sound professional judgment.
- Strong influencing abilities and techniques.
- Must be collaborative, team oriented, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of FFIEC, GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley Act, COSO and PCAOB Rules.
- CPA or CIA certification.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Nice To Haves:
- Public accounting and/or start-up experience.
- Previous experience in a high volume transactional payment environment.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.