Internal Audit - Regulatory & Compliance Audit
Our IA team is responsible for providing objective assurance on the design and operational effectiveness of Stripe’s internal controls and business processes, its compliance with laws and regulations and its risk management framework and other governance processes. In addition, our team is focused on providing advisory services in the form of targeted analyses, model evaluations, systems design assessments, and policy reviews. We’re looking for a leader with regulatory compliance audit experience who will lead the buildout and scaling of our global regulatory audit program, report to the chief audit executive, serve as a key member of the IA leadership team and partner to the business, and who will elevate the ambitions of Stripe.
This position is based in EMEA broadly, preferably in Ireland or the UK.
- Develop the annual and longer-term strategy for a risk-based audit plan shaped for Stripe’s expanding global operations and regulatory requirements.
- Scale the audit program to encompass regulatory compliance requirements governing regulated entities throughout EMEA.
- Harmonize EMEA regulatory audit plan with counterparts for North America, APAC and LATAM.
- Collaborate with IA functional leads for analytics and technology to form integrated approaches.
- Grow and lead a team of skilled and experienced auditors.
- Oversee co-sourced service providers while building out our internal IA Regulatory Compliance team.
- Plan and execute audits of business processes subject to regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., AML, KYC, sanctions, safeguarding, data privacy), financial partner requirements (e.g., GARS), etc.
- Lead ad-hoc programs and initiatives to provide advisory insights.
- Work seamlessly with key business partners within the second lines of defense to build efficiencies into the audit plan and avoid duplication of testing activities.
- Present findings and recommendations to stakeholders and leadership teams.
- Secure management action plans for remediation and monitor remediation progress and timeliness.
- Perform outreach and maintain collaborative working relationships with business partners.
- Invest in understanding the business to better identify areas of need and opportunities to advise.
- Research and stay current on applicable regulatory requirements and guidance (e.g., CBI, FCA, EBA, etc.), emerging trends and best practices.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 18+ years of audit and project management experience within an Internal Audit function and/or as part of an accounting/consulting firm.
- Experience in leading an Internal Audit geo, either at a global or regional level.
- Experience in leading an Internal Audit regulatory compliance subject matter domain/pillar.
- Experience in payment services, banking and/or financial services and associated regulatory compliance.
- Deep knowledge of AML, KYC, sanctions and other financial crimes monitoring requirements.
- Technical auditing skills and knowledge of relevant professional and auditing standards.
- Experience with performing risk assessments and leveraging to prioritize workstreams.
- Ability to discuss complex issues with any level of management and influence perspectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report positioning and clarity.
- CAMS and/or other relevant certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- CPA/CA, CIA or CISA certification
- Public accounting experience
- Start-up / early growth experience
- Previous experience in a high volume transactional payment environment
You should include these in your application:
- Your CV
- Your LinkedIn profile
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.