Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
Stripe is seeking an Insurance lead to join its world class Treasury team. The Treasury team enables our users to move money to and from their own user constituents and to understand and optimize these flows. Treasury is inextricably intertwined with our product suite; in order to continue to build novel and powerful products for our users, our own treasury and risk management capabilities must be excellent. We are looking for someone fantastic to join our fast growing team and to help us establish and build a best in class insurance program to support our growth ambitions while prudently protecting against downside financial risks.
- Build on Stripe’s existing corporate insurance program, including cyber, d&o, p&c, general liability, and credit risk, and manage risk exposure across various lines
- Manage Stripe’s insurance placement across all lines, expand broker relationships, and establish strong ties to the insurance markets
- Establish a long term insurance strategy for risk transfer, and work working closely with Legal, Finance, Tax, and the Product organization
- Integrate insurance program into capital planning process
- Develop risk policies, decision frameworks, and metrics
- Manage the risk underwriting and execute insurance purchasing process
- Captive program management and strategic advisory
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of insurance industry experience, as insurance broker or risk manager
- Familiarity with applicable regulatory requirements
- The ability to work with and synthesize extremely large data sets and be comfortable with underwriting models to quantify individual and portfolio risks
- A clear willingness to “roll up their sleeves” and build programs from scratch
- The ability to work independently or with a small team
- Flexibility with changing requirements in an evolving and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build and leverage cross-functional relationships
- A demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with a high attention to detail
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of payments industry
To apply, please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.