Insights & Planning Analyst
We are seeking Operations Insights & Planning (I&P) Analysts to drive and enable business performance in Ops’ Safety and Risk Operations (Risk Ops) pillar.
I&P’s vision is to be the COOs for Stripe Ops, working cross-functionally with global teams to drive and enable the business by clarifying strategic priorities and plans, surfacing critical insights, developing go-to-market and operating models, and driving execution and accountability. I&P questions the status quo: as we grow, effective processes and insights are our currency for reducing coordination cost and maximizing budget impact. We help translate strategic visions into profitable operations, enabling the business through productivity and experience improvements.
I&P Analysts are the go-to experts in their business areas, responsible for business planning, metrics, analysis, insights, and driving execution and accountability. Analysts in the Risk Ops pod will work closely with stakeholders in Ops, Product/Engineering, Data Science, and Financial Crimes to support our broader Merchant Intelligence & Risk ecosystem.
If you are incessantly curious, eager to drive action through data, relentless, passionate about helping users, and interested in diving into a quickly-growing team and company, we want to hear from you.
To apply, submit a resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Data analysis and expertise: Wrangle large, highly complex datasets into actionable insights and become the data expert for your business area.
- Metric generation: Develop, analyze, socialize, maintain, and drive accountability for key operating metrics for the health of our user-facing and internal teams.
- Business insights: Perform analyses, conduct research, build models, and deliver objective, critical insights that shape and enable strategy and execution for Stripe and our users.
- Tooling efficiency: Drive adoption (and improvement) of reporting tools (e.g. Tableau) and off-the-shelf data resources by influencing and leveraging global infrastructure where available.
- Operational excellence: Help design, optimize and drive a standard cadence of operations to deliver critical insights (e.g. weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews) with efficiency and strong controls.
- Stakeholder management: Influence and drive cross-functional change by partnering with stakeholders across a wide internal network including Ops, Product/Engineering, Data Science, and more.
- Project management: Initiate, scope and drive cross-functional projects at the org, regional, and global levels to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations.
- Business planning: Support bottom-up planning activities in your business area to enable leadership to make strategic decisions, including near/medium/long-term planning.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Passion for doing the best thing for users
- Mastery of SQL and a strong understanding of data relationships
- Good knowledge of statistics and experience working with large datasets
- Outstanding analytical ability, communication, and presentation skills
- Expertise working cross-functionally to drive business and operational goals using data
- Project management skills and ability to hold others accountable for results
- Ability to connect the big picture to the minute details, toggling between them to operationalize strategy
Nice to haves:
- 2+ years of prior experience at a high-growth internet or software company
- 2+ years of prior experience working in or with Operations, Sales, Support, or Account management
- Experience with Tableau
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.