Software Engineer, Data Security
Build systems to keep customers' data safe
Stripe is responsible for storing and protecting our customer’s most sensitive information, and we make security a first-class consideration in everything we do. As a Software Engineer in Data Security you will advocate for, design, and build world class systems that will set new industry standards for data security and governance.
The teams in Security Engineering working on Data Security are building best-in-class infrastructure to safeguard users’ data and empower other engineering teams to process and store customer data in a safe, secure, and compliant way by default. We build the core tooling and infrastructure that allows Stripe to programmatically understand and track all data we store, and the infrastructure that powers access control, encryption, deletion, and anonymization of data.
We’re looking for infrastructure-focused software engineers to design, build, and lead adoption of infrastructure and tools that create strong security invariants for the protection of our users’ data. You will have the opportunity to build abstractions, frameworks and libraries that allow developers to focus on their job while security and compliance is done correctly for them under the cover.
- Contribute to or lead technical projects that will be leveraged across Stripe’s infrastructure to help keep customer’s data safe
- Collaborate with infrastructure teams to define security invariants that will drive data security by default
- Reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make in building systems at Stripe. In many cases, you will be the decision maker in this process
- Directly contribute to core infrastructure design and write code
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to solve problems at scale from end-to-end
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in a software development role
Nice to haves:
- You have demonstrated technical expertise, including experience with system architecture and API design
- Experience in security, data infrastructure, data governance, or privacy engineering is a plus but not required
- You take delight in crafting great, easy-to-use abstractions and find innovative ways of increasing adoption of these tools
- You find improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes rewarding
- You have contributed to the technical roadmap for your team
- You listen well and internalize the best ideas from all over the organization while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- You work well cross-functionally and your co-workers at all levels and across all teams trust you
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.