Incident Response Manager
Stripe is expanding to power the online payments infrastructure throughout the world. The User Operations team works directly with users from across the globe. We aim to delight our most important users with friendly and personalized support, while gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products. We also work closely with every part of the organization including Product and Engineering to scale Stripe globally and learn how to support businesses ranging from mom and pop businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Act as our front line on-call active responder, coordinating and managing incident resolution with speed, cross-functional collaboration, and accuracy, partnering with a global and broad set of stakeholders.
- Formulate strategy and deliver on communications to both internal stakeholders and Stripe’s users.
- Influence and make decisions through interpretation of data and consolidation of input from multiple stakeholders.
- Contribute to incident root cause analysis, identifying remediations and process improvement based on observed trend for Stripe incident processes.
- Manage programs and projects, in collaboration with engineering and operations teams, focused on improvements to process, metrics, and framework.
You may be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy a fast paced work environment, crafting strategic and rapid fixes to high intensity problems.
- Have a keen eye for detail and a high bar for quality.
- Are comfortable navigating through ambiguity, while identifying areas for process improvement and establishing best practices.
- Have public or user-facing experience in ensuring communications are clear and succinct.
- Can problem solve and translate complicated technical issues into solutions, while keeping a users-first mindset.
- Have an ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Have operational awareness: a sense of the big picture in any organization they inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how they can help team members navigate best within the big picture.
- Are proficient in SQL, Splunk, or equivalent query languages.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.