Incident Response Manager
Stripe is looking for a program manager to join our global Operations team and lead efforts to improve user experience through incidents and service outages. When things don’t go as expected, we strive to be fast and transparent in communicating to our users. As an Incident Response Manager, you’ll work to scale and iterate on how our teams prepare for, and respond to, incidents. You’ll focus intently on optimizing tooling and workflows to reduce ambiguity and manual burden. As a result, you’ll ensure Stripe user experience is always top of mind and impact on their business is minimized.
Stripe is expanding to power the online payments infrastructure throughout the world. The User Operations team works directly with users from across the globe. We aim to delight our most important users with friendly and personalized support, while gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products. We also work closely with every part of the organization including Product and Engineering to scale Stripe globally and learn how to support businesses ranging from mom and pop businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Act as our front line on-call active responder, coordinating and managing incident resolution with speed, cross-functional collaboration, and accuracy, partnering with a global and broad set of stakeholders.
- Formulate strategy and deliver on communications to both internal stakeholders and Stripe’s users.
- Influence and make decisions through interpretation of data and consolidation of input from multiple stakeholders.
- Contribute to incident root cause analysis, identifying remediations and process improvement based on observed trends for Stripe incident processes.
- Manage programs and projects, in collaboration with engineering, product, and operations teams, focused on improvements to process, metrics, and framework.
You may be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy a fast paced work environment, crafting strategic and rapid fixes to high intensity problems.
- Have a keen eye for detail and a high bar for quality.
- Are comfortable navigating through ambiguity, while identifying areas for process improvement and establishing best practices.
- Have public or user-facing experience in ensuring communications are clear and succinct.
- Can problem solve and translate complicated technical issues into solutions, while keeping a users-first mindset.
- Have an ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Have operational awareness: a sense of the big picture in any organization they inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how they can help team members navigate best within the big picture.
- Are proficient in SQL, Splunk, or equivalent query languages.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.