Incident Operations Program Manager
Stripe is looking for a program manager to join its User Operations team and lead efforts to improve user experience through incidents and service outages.
When things don’t go as expected, we strive to be fast and transparent in communicating these issues to our users. As program manager for Incident Operations, you’ll work to iterate on how our team prepares for and responds to incidents, optimizing tooling and workflows to reduce ambiguity and manual burden. As a result, you’ll ensure users have the smoothest possible experience.
Stripe is expanding to power the online payments infrastructure throughout the world. The User Operations team works directly with users from across the globe. We aim to delight our most important users with friendly and personalized support, while gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products. We also work closely with every part of the organization including Product and Engineering to scale Stripe globally and learn how to support businesses ranging from mom and pop businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Define what a good user experience through an incident looks like, then build programs to ensure that bar is met
- Partner with Engineering to imagine and create new internal tooling to enable our User Ops team to move quickly during incidents
- Scope large projects that can span multiple teams and functions, then drive them to completion
- Develop metrics and analyses, then provide regular reporting on team performance
We are looking for someone who has:
- A keen eye for detail and a high bar for quality
- Public or user-facing experience in ensuring communications are clear and succinct
- Can turn potentially ambiguous technical concepts into quality ships with a users-first mindset
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Operational awareness: a sense of the big picture in any organization they inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how they can help team members navigate best within the big picture
You should include these in your application:
- Description of why you want to work in this role
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.