Identity and Onboarding Program Manager
The Risk & Financial Crimes Operations team is looking for an experienced Program Manager to join our Compliance Operations team to spearhead our onboarding & identity operations program. This person will develop, manage and execute on high impact initiatives with regard to the user onboarding experience. We’re constantly iterating on how to minimize friction in the onboarding process while ensuring we safely operate on behalf of our users in the financial ecosystem. To meet that goal, you’ll work closely with our Product, Legal, Financial Crimes, Tax, and Risk teams to deliver strategic projects and programs. You will build efficient mechanisms for collecting user needs from the field, synthesize feedback across teams, and ensure we close the loop to deliver on what’s best for our users.
A successful program manager is able to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. They are strategic, able to see the big picture and business context, and empowered to find creative solutions as a result. If you enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment and influencing the strategic direction of a large global organization, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
Successful applicants will have a minimum of three years experience in the identity/onboarding space, preferably within payments, fintech, or financial services.
- Develop and manage long-term projects for our user onboarding programs
- Investigate, triage and solve user issues relating to identity verification and onboarding
- Build a self-sustaining program to analyze incoming user feedback in order to find patterns and synthesize those into prioritized projects that improve the onboarding experience for our users
- Partner with stakeholders and cross functional teams (Operations, Policy, Product, Engineering, Support, Sales, Financial Crimes, Tax, Legal, etc) to prioritize and maximize the impact of your projects
- Own the end-to-end process for knowledge transfer on Stripe’s onboarding requirements with internal stakeholders and users
- Create canonical documentation of processes
- Manage feedback and issues from internal stakeholders on the program
- Create systems to track and prioritize product needs and challenges
- Become a guru on Stripe’s onboarding and verification requirements
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years experience in the identity and onboarding space
- Significant experience working between product and operations teams
- Demonstrated track record of execution and results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A creative yet pragmatic and solutions oriented approach when solving user issues
Nice to haves:
- Proficiency in SQL or other data analysis tools
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.