HRIS Manager, People Engineering (Workday)
Stripe is on an extraordinary growth trajectory, with over 4,100 Stripes spread across 14 offices worldwide and growing. Together, we are building the economic infrastructure of the internet, helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create jobs, and scale their efforts globally.
We’re looking for a seasoned leader to join the Business Applications - People Systems Team to lead the People Engineering group. This leader will drive the optimization of Workday HR technology programs in alignment with the vision of the People & Places business processes and policy strategies. Oversee the timely delivery of projects and initiatives that support Workday’s strategic objectives as well as drive the necessary alignment between product and IT technology teams, business processes and a wide range of functional organizations.
This role requires a highly driven individual with strong team camaraderie, a true self-starter with demonstrated experience in high growth, fast-paced, global organizations. The successful candidate will have the ability to drive consensus and provide direction and is a hands-on subject matter expert capable of delivering the technology solutions required to solve complex business issues.
- Work with executives, business leaders, managers, and employees across Stripe to strategize and implement technology, processes, and programs to help people succeed.
- Own the long-term strategic roadmap for Workday to support needs across the employee life cycle
- Negotiate appropriate trade-offs and ensure clear accountability, targets, timelines and deliverables for each major initiative
- Manage a growing team responsible for existing technical services and the development and implementation of new solutions. Approx 6-10 analysts.
- Ensure appropriate controls and documentation are followed to meet security and compliance requirements across all systems
- Maintain strong relationships based on trust, transparency and results with primary business stakeholders
- Support the People team, in their approach to planning and prioritization with a focus on scalable, repeatable, automated solutions
- Ensure the security, scalability, reliability of business-critical systems which includes managing priorities and balancing demand in a rapidly changing environment
You’d ideally have:
- 8+ years technical architecture experience with HR technology systems
- 5+ years experience managing technical teams
- Experience managing a global organization working with business partners and analytic teams
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment
- Experiencing driving complex operational initiatives
- Experience partnering with security to design solutions that adhere to internal guidelines while meeting business needs
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- A collaborative approach to getting work done
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.