Build the best People org at Stripe!
Stripe is on an extraordinary growth trajectory, with over 2000 Stripes spread across 14 offices worldwide and growing. Together, we are building the economic infrastructure of the internet, helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create jobs, and scale their efforts globally.
One of the key drivers to our success is an exceptional emphasis on our people. We believe that our competitive advantage lies in our talent and that we can build a sustainable advantage by enabling individuals and teams to contribute their full potential. Stripe is looking for HRBPs to support the Engineering organization to drive that effort. This includes supporting our managers through scale, creating an environment where Stripes of all backgrounds can thrive, aligning our organizational strategy with our people strategy and using data to develop best practices from 1st principles.
Who will love this job:
- A partner and connector who builds trusted relationships with managers by providing deep insights and helping them see around corners.
- A business partner who deeply understands Stripe’s strategy and aligns it with the engineering organization’s structures, processes, initiatives and processes.
- A collaborator, who gets energy from working with leaders to create the best possible teams and organizational structures.
- A strategic thinker whose decisions are informed by data, experience and Stripe’s operating principles.
- A coach who loves building and developing high-impact teams.
- A strategist and scaler, who can connect the dots between where we’re going and how we need to nudge the organization to get there.
- Coach and advise managers on how to build high performing and engaged teams including team development, recognition, employee relations concerns, performance management, leaves of absence, local labor laws, global mobility, compensation and benefits.
- Advocate for and serve as a resource for Stripe employees.
- Partner with People Programs, People Operations, Career and Global Mobility, Total Rewards.
- Recruiting, Inclusion and Diversity and Education to develop programs that continually elevate the caliber and kindness of Stripes.
- Analyze people data and trends to inform decisions on strategy and programs.
- Be the catalyst for process improvements in ongoing operations and programs to scale smoothly through our next phase of growth.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background of at least 2-3 years as an HR business partner who has significant experience in coaching managers, improving the experience of employees, performance management and investigations.
- A track record of using data as the basis for programmatic decisions and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to partner and influence across diverse groups and experience levels.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.