Head of User Policy Operations
Did you know that only around 4% of the world’s GDP comes from internet commerce? At Stripe, we believe that this represents a future with almost limitless potential for innovation, creativity and global prosperity. While the promise of a global online economy is palpable, it doesn’t come without significant risk. Each day, businesses launch online with Stripe. It is the duty of the Safety & Risk Operations team to ensure these businesses are who they say they are, processing for what they claim to be processing for, and to offboard those who do not meet the requirements to process.
We are looking for a Head of User Policy Operations to join our fast-growing global operations team. This person is a strong, strategic operational leader who is passionate about user policy, identifying new trends/typologies, educating other Stripes on the user policy risk of new markets/products, naturally curious and has a strong ability to influence and collaborate with peers and partners within the due diligence space.
This position is responsible for leading, managing, and scaling the user policy operations team globally. They should have an understanding of industry high brand risk and restricted business merchant standards, experience applying policy to real-life scenarios, and the ability to speak to and influence both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Define the global vision, direction, high-level priorities and goals for the User Policy operations team in collaboration with cross functional stakeholders
- Lead and grow a high performing global operations team
- Hire and retain key leadership talent
- Provide guidance on complex, high-visibility cases and projects; adapting and realigning priorities in response to emergent crises
- Participate in strategy development cross functionally in partnership with Risk Policy and Risk Product teams
- Along with your managers, lead metrics for monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies, and recommends enhancements and process improvements to mitigate emerging fraud risks through a collaborative approach with stakeholders
- Manage multiple projects to enhance and optimize due diligence strategy systems and tools
- Identify and drive opportunities for operational improvements to scale the user policy operations program effectively
- Be part of a global Safety & Risk Operations leadership team that is building and executing on the future operational vision together
- Handle highly sensitive, confidential, and non-routine information supporting a rapidly changing organization
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years experience in people management, including managing managers
- Experience managing a global team
- Experience using data to propose creative solutions to both tactical and strategic problems
- Experience influencing and collaborating with a broad set of senior stakeholders
- The ability and desire to question the status quo
- Advanced creative thinking and problem solving skills
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.