Head of Startup Products
The Stripe Startup Products group is a collection of teams that work towards Stripe’s mission of increasing the GDP of the internet by helping more people start companies and helping each of those companies become more successful.
We’re looking for a multi-faceted leader who can manage and support an organization containing engineering, product, and potentially other functions.
- Develop a scalable strategy that nurtures a long standing relationship between Stripe and would-be entrepreneurs across the world
- Care for and grow a team of talented engineers, engineering managers, and product managers
- Actively cultivate a diverse and inclusive team
- Lead a cross-functional group dedicated to increasing startups’ engagement with and adoption of Stripe’s products
- Be accountable for the performance and growth of Stripe’s self serve business with scope over both products and programs that engage our early stage users.
- Partner with organizations across the company to coordinate our marketing, sales, education and product strategies
- Facilitate the creation and delivery of educational content that brings would-be technical entrepreneurs to Stripe and helps make them more successful once on the platform
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who wants to focus on:
- Have company-level and direct business impact and responsibility
- Work closely with design, sales and marketing teams
- Grow the number of entrepreneurs starting and succeeding at building online businesses
- Empower visitors to Stripe properties via education and access to tools
- Exercise your aesthetic, operational and technical skills all at once
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A background in product management at a scaled internet company
- A background in engineering management at a scaled internet company
- Experience founding and building an internet business
- Experience leading larger engineering groups with multiple teams
- Experience in and a refined taste for UX, visual design and product experience
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.