Head of Scaled User Operations
Lead Stripe’s Scaled Third Party Vendor Operations
Stripe was built with simplicity in mind. We strive to deliver frictionless experiences for all of our users, whether they are an Independent Business, Startup, SMB, or Enterprise and our mission is to provide all Stripe Users with the best support experience possible. Today Stripe handles over a million support cases per year, but while there’s major scaling work, more importantly we seek to raise the bar to strikingly great on every case. We’re going to achieve excellence by thinking of support in a novel, product oriented way, and viewing support not as a destination, but as an integrated and integral component of all of Stripe’s products.
Stripe has distinctly unique support problems resulting from both our type of scale and the type of businesses we partner with as a result of “growing the GDP of the Internet.” Our support experience leverages deep understanding of our products, the financial industry and money movement, and our customers’ products and users, and requires us to invest significant resources into building this experience ourselves.
As Stripe’s user base and global footprint grows dramatically, we are looking for an experienced leader who brings both strategic and operational abilities to lead our outsourced vendor operations. Our vendors provide user support across a number of contact channels such as email, chat and phone, they generate sales and qualify leads, they perform risk reviews and execute a variety of back office functions. You and your team are responsible for overseeing the vendor strategy for Stripe across user-facing teams and working closely with cross-functional leaders and operational teams across our User Operations, Sales, Compliance and Risk functions.
- Be responsible for managing operational third-party vendors and internal teams across different time zones.
- Manage a global team of Stripes to oversee a global outsourced vendor operation scaling at a significant pace.
- Be directly responsible for the results of the vendor operations performance and improvement, and in doing so you’ll work closely with a variety of operational teams at Stripe.
- Lead negotiation and relationship management for all vendor contracts.
- Develop and deploy vendor-specific infrastructure globally, including security, tools, and processes.
- Work cross-functionally with User Operations and vendor teams to help Stripe improve our product and agent feedback loops.
You might be a fit if:
- You’re a proven leader with 10+ years managing scaled organizations and building world-class customer experiences.
- Deep experience managing operational third-party vendor and internal teams across different time zones.
- You have experience in laying out a vision for an organization, getting buy-in from senior stakeholders, and bringing the vision to life.
- You enjoy managing large cross-functional and global projects.
- You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex initiatives, and have a track record for taking projects from conception to launch.
- You have a knack for working well with a wide range of people across internal teams and external vendors.
- You are action-oriented, with strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- You enjoy working amidst high ambiguity, and do whatever it takes to execute on complex projects
- You excel in analytical thinking and problem solving, and use first-principles thinking and data to structure strategic recommendations
- You have a process-oriented mindset and ability to lead people to get things done
- You are low ego, and have a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.