Head of Sales & Customer Success, Startups/SMB
As the leader for Startup Sales & Customer Success organization in the US and Canada at Stripe, you will drive growth of Stripe’s new customers from VC-backed startups to small and medium sized businesses. You’ll lead a fast growing organization across multiple offices that is focused on the acquisition of new customers, driving strategic engagement and upsell opportunities with executives in existing key hyper growth accounts, while also crafting strategies to increase adoption of our portfolio of products across accounts. As the leader of this key function, you’ll manage and coach high-performing teams, helping them deliver on ambitious targets, while rolling up your sleeves to work directly with the team and our customers. We are looking for a proven leader with sales and customer success experience, who loves technical products and brings strong strategic and analytical thinking to large organizations.
This leader will play an instrumental role in shaping our company wide strategy to serve Startups – our core customer segment. You’ll work closely with our Marketing team on positioning, messaging, and sales enablement. You will also engage deeply with our Product and Engineering teams as we continue to refine and launch new products aimed at Startups. Finally, you’ll work closely with our Operations teams to drive efficiency in serving our long tail users.
- Recruit, train, and lead teams of sales managers and account executives (new and existing business).
- Develop the long-term vision and strategy for a growing team, and scale day-to-day operations.
- Be accountable for the overall revenue number for new and existing users.
- Coach, mentor and guide the team in developing consultative and solution-based account plans, business reviews, and broader customer engagement.
- Effectively work cross-functionally across the organization to shape Stripe’s product roadmap to meet customer needs. -Inspire, motivate and enable individual development to promote career growth of direct reports.
You Might Be a Fit If:
- 10+ years of people management experience, including managing managers
- Experience leading New Business, Customer Success, or Sales organizations in a high-growth technology environment.
- Experience building teams across multiple offices, including launching teams in new offices.
- Ability to hire, train and coach a high-performance sales team.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills.
Nice To Haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet/software company.
- Prior experience in the payments industry
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.