Head of Regional Partnerships
Build high-impact partnerships for Stripe across APAC with regional partners across banks, schemes, identity providers and payment methods
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build economic infrastructure for internet businesses of every size in pursuit of this mission. The Partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing and managing partnerships that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem. Today, Stripe is live in 40 markets and the Partnerships team is situated across multiple global offices to support Stripe’s growth around the world.
The APAC Partnerships team creates and manages relationships with Stripe’s partners worldwide in order to launch new or optimize existing products for Stripe users. This team drives strategies with financial institutions that will scale and differentiate Stripe’s financial infrastructure.
We are looking for a Regional Partnerships Lead who will deepen our most strategic relationships and execute on high-impact initiatives with external regional and global partners. These partnerships form the basis of Stripe’s product and as part of these efforts, this person will build internal business cases and identify product requirements, leading cross-functional teams and ensuring internal alignment. This will fit into a multi-year global strategic plan for Stripe with our banking partners upon which this person will be instrumental in developing and executing.
In this role, you will lead a team of regional partnerships team members who enable partnerships and operations related to one or more regional or global partners. Through developing relationships with important partner stakeholders, you will independently identify growth opportunities for Stripe and enable cross-functional projects. For these cross-functional projects, you will take a leadership role in driving the work cross-functionally and will secure the right level of support to execute partnerships initiatives. You will synthesize and interpret payments industry structures and trends to inform conversations with our users, and drive toward better outcomes for Stripe. In addition, you will help anticipate changes in partner strategies or policies that could impact our products or users, financial outcomes, or operations.
- At least 15 years of total work experience and at least 10+ years of partnerships experience working at or with financial institutions / banking partners in APAC.
- A proven track record of working effectively in a product-centric environment with significant internal and external dependencies, leading and driving cross-functional projects.
- A proven track record of partnering with external stakeholders to successfully identify and execute on growth opportunities.
- Ability to independently drive negotiations to completion and identity blockers and potential tradeoffs Experience building and managing high impact teams.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with a scale mindset and focus on impact.
- Sense of urgency to deliver impact for users or customers at scale, and ability to transition between work streams based on given priorities.
- Proactively seeks and provides feedback from immediate team and wide range of stakeholders across the company.
- Having a mindset of contributing to the success of the team and overall company, outside of individual goals and objectives.
- Expertise in Australia banking ecosystem.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.