Head of Product, Issuing
Stripe is building economic infrastructure for the internet, starting with a focus on helping businesses get paid. We’re now making major investments in building financial products to store and spend funds, and card issuing is one of Stripe’s biggest new bets. The card Issuing team builds APIs to enable platforms to launch and manage their own physical and virtual card programs. We aim to help technology companies power the next generation of financial services products. Card Issuing is at the forefront of the transformation of an industry to embedded fintech. Already, businesses leverage our Issuing APIs to power a wide array of financial services products, from expense card platforms to full-stack digital banks. It’s the other half of Stripe’s infrastructure, and we’re in the early stages of building a set of products to match the reach and impact of Stripe’s payments business.
About the Role:
This role is an opportunity to help build and lead one of the fastest growing products in our business. We’re looking for a developer-focused product leader to define our product strategy and grow a team of PMs responsible for overseeing product development for one of the fastest growing engineering teams at Stripe.
- Drive the definition of our roadmap to expand our supportable surface area, to drive down the costs for developers to launch new card programs, and to create sustainable product differentiation
- Spend an inordinate amount of time with users and prospects informing our product vision and roadmap
- Partner with other product leaders across Stripe to ensure we are building on common primitives with high degrees of product interoperability
- Work closely with our Chief Product Officer, and Stripe leadership more broadly
We are looking for someone who has:
- 15+ years of experience in a product role and 8+ years of people management experience
- Built surprisingly great APIs, products, and/or complex systems at scale
- Partnered closely with engineers on productized infrastructure / API design
- The ability to gain an in-depth understanding of software systems and make meaningful contributions to high-stakes discussions on software architecture, or similar level of technical skills
- Obsession with product quality and an eye for design, specifically an intuition for good user flows and user experiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Determination to do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful
- Entrepreneurial experience and/or enjoys moving quickly on new, green-field products
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.