Head of Platform Risk
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. Platforms play an integral part in growing and protecting Stripes’ ecosystem. Stripe’s platform ecosystem consists of a wide array of partners from large website builders to software platforms. The Risk team at Stripe works directly with our platform partners to ensure our collective users are safe from fraudsters and compliant with our partners.
We are looking for someone to decipher the platform risk strategy and scale the team at a global level. This person will help define our product strategy for how to manage risk for platforms and work directly with engineering teams to prioritize longer term initiatives. They will manage and build a team from scratch which will include strategists and externally facing platform risk experts.
- Define Stripe’s risk product strategy for our platforms and their users
- Be directly accountable for the mitigation of different types of risk for platform users
- Develop relationships and work with key partners across product, engineering, data science and business teams to effectively manage platform risk programs
- Manage complicated escalations and quickly execute remediation strategies
- Hire a global team from scratch and successfully lead that team as Stripe scales
- Work closely with our largest and most important platforms on risk mitigation
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong thought leadership in the risk management space and a product focus
- The ability to convert broad strategies into clear objectives
- Strong stakeholder management skills including navigating difficult situations, negotiating timelines, and influencing internal and external stakeholders across organizations and regions
- Proficiency in risk management, identification and analysis, including the ability to issue spot within the context of new product development
- An analytical approach to decision-making (i.e., you are analytical, objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decisions)
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.