Head of Partner and Program Management
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build economic infrastructure for internet businesses of every size in pursuit of this mission. The Partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing, and managing partnership strategies to provide Stripe users with best in class financial infrastructure and to enable Stripe’s expansion into new geographies and areas of business. Today, Stripe is live in 42+ markets and the Partnerships team is situated across multiple global offices to support Stripe’s growth around the world.
We are looking for a Head of Partner and Program Management to serve as a key member of Stripe’s Financial Partnerships leadership team responsible for developing and executing the multi-year, global strategies for building Stripe’s relationships across many of our most important external partners. You will lead a team that focuses on designing, scaling, and continuously improving mechanisms to deepen relationships with Stripe’s partners, as well as highly impactful programs key to differentiating Stripe. As part of these efforts, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders (including Product, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Risk, etc.), and with external partners’ senior executives.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity; think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges; as well as earn trust with and influence others. A strong sense of ownership, drive to have an impact, and entrepreneurial spirit are musts.
- Develop and grow a multi-layer team that manages Stripe’s most critical financial institution partnerships, including at a senior executive level, with a focus on driving execution of joint initiatives and helping to launch/manage new offerings to benefit Stripe users and Stripe
- Ensure best-in-class, methodical partner management rooted in KPIs and alignment with partners on opportunities of mutual interest
- Leverage industry knowledge to craft and drive both internal and external alignment on thoughtful strategies for forging partnerships between Stripe and financial institutions
- Navigate financial institutions, in partnership with Business Development, to incubate and execute deals supporting Stripe’s strategy
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 12+ years of partnerships experience; at least 8 years building and managing high-performing teams
- A strong track record of leading impactful partnership teams in product-centric environments with significant internal and external dependencies
- Broad and deep experience developing and executing partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences and go to market models
- Experience negotiating commercial deals with top financial institutions and/or card networks, including scaling such deals across multiple partners
- Strong executive presence, with the proven ability to influence senior leaders internally and externally, including at the C-level
- An operationally focused mindset, with an ability to lead teams through complex relationship management activities by setting a clear vision, and running tight processes
Nice to haves:
- MBA or other advanced degree
- At least 4 years of payments or fintech experience
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.