Head of M&A Integration
Help build out Stripe’s M&A and Investing team!
Stripe’s CorpDev team focuses on evaluating, executing and integrating acquisitions while also making strategic investments that support Stripe’s broader mission of expanding the GDP of the internet. In the last few years, we’ve brought incredible companies like Paystack (payments company in Africa) into our mix and we’re just getting started. We’re looking for a seasoned leader to come help build our M&A Integration team.
Integrating an acquired company is hard, important work and is often the biggest determinant of whether an acquisition is ultimately successful. We take this responsibility seriously, and are looking for someone to join us in our work to help ensure that our acquired companies and their people get off to the best possible start. It’s still early days and we have a lot of building to do – you’ll work very closely with senior leaders and executives across the organization to help grow this nascent but increasingly important function at Stripe.
- Help build our integration function, including the further development and execution of integration approaches and strategies. For example – you’ll help determine our framework for when a company should operate standalone versus be fully integrated and why
- Build, manage and develop a team of exceptional integration leads
- Work cross-functionally with key executives, Corp Dev Deal Leads and stakeholders across Stripe to develop integration hypotheses and operating frameworks
- Lead teams across various simultaneous deals, helping both on diligence and integration planning; Coach team members and cross-functional partners
- Monitor and track acquisition performance and conduct ROI “lookbacks” on deal and integration success
- Work hand-in-hand with fantastic founders and entrepreneurial teams
- Identify and implement improvements to our acquisition integration processes
- Conduct ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative analyses for strategic planning, investing and integration efforts
Who will love this job:
- A creative problem-solver, who thrives in complex, ambiguous situations and prides themselves on staying one step ahead of potential issues
- A people-person, who derives energy from working across various stakeholders across multiple teams and companies
- A multi-disciplinary wiz with great attention to detail, who feels a deep sense of calm when they know they’ve orchestrated it such that all of the trains are running on time
- An empathetic, full-stack leader, who is just as happy rolling up their sleeves and building a gantt-chart as they are coaching a founder, team member or Stripe leader through an integration process
- A first-principles thinker and builder, who is thrilled at the idea of helping to build a best-in-class integration function from the ground up
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience leading a best-in-class M&A integration team at scale; track-record of successful integrations. Bonus if you’ve also led a non-M&A team in the past!
- Strong, team-oriented leadership skills including the ability to anticipate, identify, frame, and confront issues and make recommendations for resolution
- A self-starting mentality and comfort operating in fast-paced, high-growth and often ambiguous environments
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities; able to analyze and derive insights from financial and cohort data
- Strong people-manager; demonstrated ability to build and develop best-in-class teams
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.