Head of Incident Response
Stripe is looking for a people manager to lead our Incident Response team and own efforts to improve user experience through incidents and service outages. When things don’t go as expected, we strive to be fast and transparent in communicating to our users. As the leader of the Incident Response organization, you’ll work to scale operational practice and iterate on how our teams prepare for, and respond to, incidents. You’ll focus intently on enabling business critical incident response at scale by optimizing tooling and workflows to reduce ambiguity and manual burden. As a result, you’ll ensure Stripe user experience is always top of mind and impact on their business is minimized.
Stripe is expanding to power the online payments infrastructure throughout the world. We work closely with every part of the organization including Enterprise teams, Operations, Product, and Engineering to scale Stripe globally and learn how to support businesses ranging from mom and pop businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Manage a team of regional managers and frontline on-call active responders, coordinating and managing incident resolution with speed, cross-functional collaboration, and accuracy, partnering with a global and broad set of stakeholders.
- Drive incident analysis to identify remediation opportunities for Incident Response and partner teams on operations and engineering to execute upon.
- Formulate strategy and deliver on communications to both internal stakeholders and Stripe’s users.
- Collaborate with executive leadership, engineering, and operations teams to align on and execute upon large programs and on-going improvements to process, metrics, and framework.
- Influence and make decisions through interpretation of data and consolidation of input from multiple stakeholders.
You may be a good match if you:
- Have 10+ years of direct people management experience (including managing managers).
- Customer obsession & Focus, cross-group collaborations are necessary for success in this role.
- Enjoy a fast paced work environment, crafting strategic and rapid fixes to high intensity problems.
- Have a keen eye for detail and a high bar for quality.
- Are comfortable navigating through ambiguity, while identifying areas for process improvement and establishing best practices.
- Have public or user-facing experience in ensuring communications are clear and succinct.
- Can problem solve and translate complicated technical issues (e.g., Experience troubleshooting and debugging incidents in complex distributed systems is must-have for this role).
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver complex strategic projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Have operational awareness: a sense of the big picture in any organization they inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how they can help team members navigate best within the big picture.
- Strong analytical skills, huge plus if you are proficient in SQL, Splunk, or equivalent query languages.
- Have experience with infrastructure and application monitoring tools such as Signalfx, Prometheus, Sentry and others.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.