Head of Global Technical Program Management
As Head of Global Technical Program Management, you will support your team members in leading cross-functional initiatives spanning product teams throughout the organization. You will focus on developing careers, setting guidelines and sharing best practices, and providing hands-on coaching and mentorship for your reports. You will also act as a TPM on cross-cutting projects yourself as needed.
This role will ideally be based in Dublin or London.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You are excited about managing and growing a set of teams and individuals, across multiple locations, including providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching, and career growth.
- You have experience working with a globally distributed team.
- You have supported managers of TPMs (and other roles possibly).
- You have partnered with engineering leaders to set the strategy of an overall group.
- You are not satisfied with just delivering a program on time—you are discerning about product quality and obsessed with product impact.
- You have led the delivery of important company-wide, software engineering initiatives.
- You can easily interface with Engineering and business owners for requirements and scope.
- You have a track record of providing program management during all phases of an engineering program: ideation, design, development, testing and release.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
A strong candidate will have a number of these qualifications:
- 5+ years of management experience of varying seniority, including growing teams, people development, and supporting other managers.
- 10+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Extensive experience in finding and growing talent through coaching, mentoring, and career development conversations.
- Experience driving technical programs from ideation to delivery and leading teams of Technical Program Managers who have done the same.
- Experience operating autonomously and leading across multiple teams, with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience working on products with a global footprint.
Nice to haves:
- Payments ecosystem experience.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.