Head of Partnerships, LATAM
Stripe makes it easy for any developer to access and manage the capabilities of the financial system including global card payments, banking, and other innovative financial services. The Partnerships organization is responsible for the strategy, partnerships, and overall execution required to offer these capabilities globally.
Stripe is live in 40 markets today and we’re rapidly expanding around the globe. We are hiring for a Head of Partnerships (LATAM) to lead the teams responsible for all of our financial partnerships across Latin America. We are looking for an exceptional leader with financial industry experience who has been directly involved in scaling a business (especially in LATAM), with a particular focus on partnerships and strategy. Intellectual curiosity and fascination with the global financial system, Internet businesses, and operational details of payments infrastructure will be a benefit.
You will be responsible for building, managing, and mentoring a diverse and high performing team in LATAM, for representing Stripe externally to partners and C-level counterparts, and working cross functionally across our global organization.
- Define and lead partnership strategies with financial institutions, acquirers, card networks, and other financial technology partners needed for Stripe to scale its financial capabilities and enter high impact markets in LATAM.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key partners. Build relationships with key executive counterparts in the financial industry and serve as a key escalation point in negotiations and discussions with key influencers including partners, regulators, and key users.
- Collaborate with our Payments and Global Product & Engineering teams to define and implement partnership strategies enabling product and strategic initiatives in the region.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Sales, Legal, Marketing, Atlas, Legal, Policy, Finance and other teams to launch and manage new and existing partners and partnership programs in efforts to drive the development of Stripe’s ecosystem.
- Recruit and manage a high performing team, mentoring individuals and developing leaders. Define the team’s operating cadence, goals and norms aligned with Stripe’s principles and overarching mission and strategy.
- Oversee identification, negotiation and execution of partnership opportunities and commercial discussions to enable our financial capabilities.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of experience in strategic partnering, negotiations, and executive relationship management.
- At least 5 years working with strategic partners in Latin America, with strong understanding of cultures and norms to be effective in the region.
- Previous experience working with a technology/software company or with an understanding of the various corporate and business cultures within the region.
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations and partnership strategies that achieved broad industry support.
- Strong product instincts and ability to identify opportunities for Stripe to leverage partners’ existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Stripe’s Product and Engineering organization to build world-class features for our users.
- An understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships, especially with a “users first” mentality.
- Ability to effectively represent Stripe externally at the executive level with financial partners (including banks, local and global networks), internet companies, government agencies, and a wide range of external partners and industry forums.
- Ability to recruit, manage, and mentor a diverse team of high performing individuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (e.g. region specific language skills) – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as product, engineering, and sales internally and externally.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Interest and intellectual curiosity regarding the global financial system, as well as internet technologies and business models.
- Desire to support entrepreneurs, and passion for Stripe’s mission.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.