Head of Engineering, Identity Graph
Before Stripe, every growing internet platform had a payments team. Today, every growing internet platform has an Identity team. Identity verification is a core piece of economic infrastructure for online businesses. But, beyond verification, Identity has quickly become the bedrock of successful internet businesses allowing a deep understanding of customers.
We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to lead our technical strategy in building a graph of identities and inferences that enriches Stripe’s product portfolio by knowing our users deeply and enhances the user experience that enables users to establish trust, accelerate globalization, and open up new market opportunities quickly with just a few lines of code. You’ll manage and grow a strong team of backend and machine learning developers, build relationships with customers and other teams at Stripe, and work on something trajectory altering for Stripe.
This is a unique opportunity to shape a foundational infrastructure to power entirely new products that will be used by the next generation of ambitious online businesses.
- Work with engineers, product, and design to build new customer-facing APIs and products, while maintaining the quality and improving the experience of existing products
- Work with marketing and developer relations teams to explain our products by preparing demos for user-facing events
- Coordinate with other teams at Stripe, both on the problem domain of how payment systems really work and on our shared infrastructure
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and quality
- Manage an excellent team of engineers, helping to develop their careers with stretch projects and excellent feedback
- Recruit a diverse team of engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach to closing
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience working in large graph-based systems
- Domain expertise in the fraud and/or financial risk space
- An excitement for collaborating with teammates across engineering, operations, and data science
- The ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Experience managing engineering teams with a strong record of shipping
- Strong recruiting skills, with a track record of hiring new team members who are extremely effective over the long term
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.