Head of EMEA Partnerships
You will be responsible for building, managing, and mentoring a diverse and high performing team, for representing Stripe externally to partners, and working cross functionally across our global organization. You know what it is like to start something from scratch, and then grow it structurally and methodically. You will have a strong understanding of technical concepts, and enjoy being close to product and engineering teams as well as sales teams. And you have the executive presence to interact effectively with C-level counterparts at partner organizations and institutions.
- Develop and execute partnership strategies and products with financial institutions, payment methods and e-wallets, verification providers, and other financial and technology partners across EMEA to drive user growth and international expansion in the region
- Collaborate with our Product & Engineering organization to develop partnership strategies enabling product and strategic initiatives in the region
- Work with cross-functional teams including Sales, Legal, Marketing, Atlas, Legal, Policy, Finance and other teams to launch and manage new and existing partners and partnership programs in efforts to drive the development of Stripe’s ecosystem
- Develop and execute partnership strategies supporting Stripe’s go-to-market efforts in the region driving distribution of Stripe’s products and user growth
- Oversee identification, negotiation and execution of product and growth partnership opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key partners. Build relationships with key executive counterparts and serve as a key escalation point in negotiations and discussions with key influencers including partners, regulators, and key users
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience in business development, product management or similar roles at a high-growth technology company, working closely with other technology companies on platform or product partnership efforts, or in financial partnerships roles
- Previous experience working in Europe for a technology/software/ Financial Services company or an understanding of the various corporate and business cultures within the region.
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations and partnership strategies that achieved broad industry support
- Strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for Stripe to leverage partners’ existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Stripe’s Product and Engineering organization to build world-class features for our users
- An understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships, especially with a “users first” mentality
- Ability to effectively represent Stripe externally at the executive level with financial partners (including banks and card networks), internet companies, government agencies, and a wide range of external partners
- Ability to recruit, manage, and mentor a diverse team of high performing individuals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (e.g. region specific language skills) – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as product, engineering, and sales internally and externally
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Interest and intellectual curiosity regarding the global financial system, as well as internet technologies and business models
- Desire to support entrepreneurs, and passion for Stripe’s mission
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.