Head of Product, Dashboard
Build the tool that millions of people use to operate their internet businesses
Stripe aims to increase the GDP of the internet. Over the next several years we’ll serve increasingly diverse businesses with a broad suite of products. It’s critical that throughout this growth we provide our users with the right tools to manage their businesses. That’s where the Stripe Dashboard comes in.
Millions of people use the Stripe Dashboard to manage their revenue, help their customers, and generally operate their internet businesses. These businesses are not homogenous; they vary by size, industry, geography, and business model. As Stripe grows we expect even more diversity in the people who we serve and the ways in which we serve them. Throughout this growth it’s critical that the Stripe Dashboard help people all over the world operate their internet businesses in simpler, surprisingly great ways.
In this role we’re looking for someone to drive the short- and long-term direction for the Stripe Dashboard. Succeeding in this role will require one to adeptly balance immediate needs—of the business and of our users—with progress against a long-term vision for the future of tooling to operate internet businesses. We’re particularly interested in hearing from folks with a background in productivity tooling, a passion for building unreasonably good products, and experience driving product strategy across many stakeholders, functions, and business lines.
- Manage and develop a team of world class product managers
- Work with Stripe leadership and cross-functional leads to define the strategic direction for the group
- Drive self-serve sign-up—an important channel for Stripe—through close partnership with Marketing
- Drive long-term strategy for how the Dashboard evolves to serve increasingly diverse use-cases
- Support Stripe product teams who use the Dashboard as a critical mechanism for communicating with and giving tools to their customers
- Deeply understand startups and how they use Stripe. What problems do they encounter? What opportunities do we have for giving them a simpler onboarding experience or a more sophisticated view into their own businesses?
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Have 8+ years Product Management experience or equivalent, including at least 2+ years of managing a team of PMs
- Have experience methodically developing product managers’ skills and careers
- Have 2+ years of working as a software engineer
- Have significant experience with API products and delivering great developer experiences
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
Any combination of the following would make your application stand out:
- You’ve started or run a business in a related space
- You have a track record of building UI’s that are both powerful and remarkably easy to use
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.