Head of Corporate Events and Experiences
Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies. Removing the barriers to online commerce helps more new businesses get started, expedites growth for existing companies, and increases economic output and trade globally.
We operate at a significant scale, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity ahead, so there is still much to do. Join us and help put the global economy within everyone’s reach.
Stripe was built on the foundation of community. Our relentless pursuit of creating surprisingly great customer experiences and hand-crafted approach to building our products alongside our customers has paved the way for how Stripe engages with our users. The Events and Experiences team is an increasingly critical function at Stripe as our solutions story scales, as the business grows, and as our communities thrive online. Our mission is to create innovative and meaningful hybrid (virtual-physical) experiences for our prospects and customers at scale globally.
The Head of Corporate Events and Experiences at Stripe is passionate about the effectiveness of events to both create growth and business impact, as well as to create powerful brand moments that drive community and connection. This leader sits at the intersection of almost every Stripe team. This is the thought leader for experiential marketing that influences senior leadership, Brand Design, Marketing (Integrated Campaigns, DemandGen, Journeys, Brand, Marketing Ops), Comms (Social, PR), Research, UX, and Web Presence to create experiences, programs, and campaigns that drive towards our company brand, growth, and pipeline goals. This includes leading and driving the strategy, execution, and measurable impact of our portfolio of our large scale internal and external events: our customer conference Sessions, our internal employee event Convergence, a variety of marquee sales events, thought leadership panels and discussions, advisory councils, and regional events in EMEA & APAC.
- Strategic events leadership: Define the strategy for our corporate events and experiences portfolio – both annually, as well as setting the tone for what the future of events and experiences should look like.
- Package up research, learnings, and event performance along with market trends, prospect/customer needs, and competitive analysis to identify the core insights that define our strategy
- Define and gain x-functional alignment on ambitious OKRs and KPIs both annually and by quarter
- Communicate with senior leadership on strategic plans for how we’ll meet, exceed, or learn from those goals
- Responsible for defining the comms strategy, marketing strategy, and audience acquisition strategy, in partnership with Demand Gen and Sales teams to increase sales pipeline
- Event portfolio management: Create, manage, and grow a robust Stripe corporate event and experiences portfolio that:
- Tells our rapidly growing product and solutions story at scale
- Creates global, repeatable self-serve engagements that drive pipeline
- Connects a community of Stripe customers, prospects, and influencers through compelling storytelling, surprisingly great user experiences, and thoughtful content
- Deepen brand affinity amongst key segments to increase positive sentiment and create passionate advocates
- Redefine how events come to life to create social/comms buzz and breakthrough
- XFN events leadership: Thought leadership and partnership with senior leaders, xfunctional DRIs across Brand Design, Marketing (Integrated Campaigns, DemandGen, Journeys, Brand, Marketing Ops) Comms (Social, PR), Research, UX, and Web Presence
- Content and experience development: Partner with senior leadership and xfunctional DRIs to craft and define the messaging architecture, agenda, content criteria, hierarchy and strategy, user experience, and creative platforms
- Brand leadership: Act as a steward of the Stripe brand embodying our operating principles, ruthless focus on creating customer-first experiences, and translating our values to the virtual/physical community spaces (diversity/inclusion, sustainability, rigorous thoughtfulness)
- Global leadership: Create global plans, strategies, and frameworks that easily plug into regional field marketing leads plans – ongoing coordination with regional leads for alignment and consistency
- Team management: Management, coaching, development, and growth of the Events & Experiences team
- Resource management: Manage event resources, both internal and external, including vendors, partners, and agencies
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 12+ years experience in delivering successful customer event experiences
- 5+ years managing, developing and growing a team
- A startup mentality with a bias to action and the ability to flex in a fast-paced environment
- Validated leadership capability and effectiveness working collaboratively, creatively, and cross-functionally
- Remarkable written and verbal communication skills, including being able to convey complex topics with simplicity
- Knowledge and experience with online event platforms and tools (reg/web/mobile) for digital, live-streamed, and in-person events
- Data-driven mindset focused on setting and measuring KPIs and pipeline metrics
- Strong understanding and practice of event strategy and content development
- Experience working in both digital and in-person event environments, with in-depth knowledge in managing internal and external production teams
- Demonstrated ability to create net new event types, based on business need
- Experience working in an integrated marketing/demand gen organization
- Positive and motivated self-starter
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, with the ability to drive clarity for the team
- Excellent budget and financial prowess
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.