Head of Communications, LATAM
Tell the Stripe story in Latin America
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. We help businesses from all over the world access the global online commerce market with sophisticated software tools. With our products, the most exciting businesses in Latin America (eg: Rappi, Cornershop, Platzi, Moons, Urbvan, Mienvío, Konfío) can expand internationally quickly and build new kinds of revenue models. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and communications plays a major role in the company strategy.
As we invest in our Latin America operations, we’re looking for someone to help shape our reputation in the region. This is a big job, as it requires working closely with executives, product managers, policy and our marketing team. The ideal candidate is strategic, creative, has strong media relationships, and isn’t afraid of working between corporate, product, B2B, internal and policy comms, in various geographies and market maturities.
They are also passionate about startups and empowering the upstarts, working closely with founders and executive teams of the fastest growing companies in Latin America.
- Shape Stripe’s Latin America narrative, both at the regional and individual country level
- Be a strategic advisor to Stripe’s global leaders traveling in the region, and a partner to our regional executive team
- Help drive corporate stories that position Stripe as an era-defining technology company.
- Translate the complexity of Stripe’s products (and the scope of Stripe’s impact) into pitches and stories that expand what people think of when they hear “Stripe.”
- Launch major new products, countries, and run thought leadership campaigns in the region
- Advocate Stripe’s point-of-view on industry, regulatory, and other policy-related topics, and grow its profile as a thought leader among relevant business and enterprise tech press
- Collaborate with Stripe’s executive team as well as senior leaders to develop their platform and messaging via media training, penning op-eds, interview opportunities and speaking engagements
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters and influencers in all of our major Latin American markets
- Work closely with some of the most exciting companies in Latin America to build customer case studies, infusing their voices into campaigns, news announcements, and other activities
- Manage communications agencies across the region
You should have:
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- 10-12 years of experience in technology public relations, preferably in a technology, high-growth and/or B2B environment
- Experience collaborating with executives, as well as sales, partnerships, marketing and policy teams.
- Experience building and managing regional communications teams
- Relationships with key business and technology reporters
- An acute interest for the economy and experience advising businesses in hyper growth
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Writing samples are always welcome!
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.