Head of Communications, Ireland
The Communications team builds Stripe’s brand and influence across the world, helping shape the company’s strategy along the way. We’re looking for a seasoned communications professional to help tell our story in Ireland, the home of Stripe’s founders and many great Stripe users. Dublin is Stripe’s international headquarters and one of its fastest growing hubs.
It’s vital that our reputation in Ireland continues to serve as a springboard for growth, helping us hire the best talent, work with the best companies, and support the Irish economy.
Working closely with global and local leadership, you will grow the understanding of Stripe in Ireland, and make us a champion for progress in the Irish ecosystem.
The ideal candidate is rigorous and creative, strategic and hands-on, marrying long-term vision with short-term execution. They’ll be deeply thoughtful about how to shape Stripe’s reputation over the next 10 years, whilst managing competing priorities across corporate, product, and brand communications. They’ll be able to communicate effectively across a broad range of audiences, from entrepreneurs to policymakers.
At Stripe, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
- Lead Stripe’s communication strategy in Ireland
- Build a plan that aims to deliver on that vision
- Work with local and global leaders to align your vision and plan with the broader business strategy
- Execute your communications strategy in Ireland
- Work closely with Stripe users in Ireland to help tell their stories
- Engage with the Irish tech community to make Stripe a helpful partner
- Develop and enhance the reputation of local leaders so they can tell the Stripe story
- Manage local agencies and contractors
- Develop and maintain relationships with business and technology reporters and influencers
- Partner with the broader Irish ecosystem (Entrepreneurs, Think tanks, Governments agencies) to drive positive change for Irish businesses
You should have:
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- 10-12 years of experience in public relations, preferably in a technology, high-growth and/or VC environment
- Experience collaborating with senior executives
- Experience in working with policy teams and policymakers
- Experience working with a wide variety of partners on joint communications efforts
- Relationships with Ireland’s key business and technology reporters, as well as influencers
- A history of creative execution - using novel tactics to advance comms goals
- A rigorous approach to planning, and a keen eye for risk
- Government experience is a plus
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile
- Writing samples are always welcome!
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.