Head of Bank & Issuer Partnerships
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build economic infrastructure for internet businesses of every size in pursuit of this mission. The Partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing and managing partnerships that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem. Today, Stripe is live in 40 markets and the Partnerships team is situated across multiple global offices to support Stripe’s growth around the world.
The Bank & Issuer Partnerships group creates and manages relationships with Stripe’s bank partners worldwide in order to launch new or optimize existing products for Stripe users. This team develops and drives strategies with financial institutions that will scale and differentiate Stripe’s financial infrastructure.
We are looking for a Head of Bank & Issuer Partnerships who will be instrumental in developing the multi-year, global strategic plan for Stripe’s relationships with some of our most important external partners, banks and issuers. The person in this role will lead the team responsible for executing on complex, high-impact initiatives (including those that are first-of-their-kind) with the very partners whose relationships with Stripe are foundational to our products.
In this role, you will:
- Manage Stripe’s most critical partnerships with banks and issuers, focusing on defining and executing a strategy to deepen Stripe’s relationships with such partners, and enable the optimization of existing and launch of new offerings for Stripe users
- Recruit and manage a high-performing team, defining its operating model, goals, KPIs and norms in alignment with Stripe’s principles and overarching mission and strategy
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders (including legal, finance, product, risk, engineering, compliance, and treasury) in crafting thoughtful strategies for engaging and partnering with banks and issuers
- Ensure Stripe’s senior-most executives are aligned with the strategy you develop, consistently working with Stripe leadership to transform top company goals into partnership strategies, and influence company-wide decisions that affect the direction of products, processes, or the betterment of Stripe overall
- Own relationships with bank and issuer executives, navigating the organizations they lead to educate key partner contacts about Stripe’s value proposition, further develop Stripe’s understanding of their interests and needs, and identify/execute complex commercial deals that support Stripe’s strategic objectives
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate post-deal implementation/integration plans are put in place in the course of the deal process
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of professional experience, with a background in strategy, business development, and partner management
- A proven track record of leading high-performing teams in a product-centric environments with significant internal and external dependencies
- Broad and deep experience designing industry-wide partnership strategies, and forging commercial relationships to build innovative product experiences
- Experience leading large, complex, and first-of-their-kind commercial negotiations end to end, from opportunity identification through deal execution
- An operationally focused mindset, with an ability to see a deal far beyond signing, and to lead/influence teams developing and implementing plans to realize the intended benefits of partnerships pursued
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to represent Stripe effectively in interfacing with C-Level executives
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.