Head of Corporate Communications
Tell the Stripe story
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Amazon and Salesforce—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries. By helping businesses accept payments from anywhere in the world and accelerating the economic shift from offline to online, we aim to increase the GDP of the internet.
The Communications team builds and protects Stripe’s brand and influence across the world. We’re looking for a highly experienced yet innovative corporate communications professional to shape our response on complex issues; work closely with our teams to mitigate corporate and regulatory risk; and provide strategic counsel to our leadership team on a range of topics. The ideal candidate will have “seen it all” and yet is energized by working with a tightly knit team at every elevation level—from handling individual issues to designing innovative campaigns that further Stripe’s reputation.
At Stripe, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
- Drive Stripe’s corporate narrative and influence, shaping Stripe’s point-of-view on industry, regulatory, and other policy-related topics.
- Build and maintain relationships with key editors and influencers in top tier media, especially in business and technology publications.
- Work with internal leadership to develop their platforms and messaging via media training, penning op-eds, interview opportunities and speaking engagements.
- Design and roll out innovative, cross-functional campaigns to build Stripe’s profile and reputation for security, reliability and privacy.
- Manage internal and agency teams ensuring consistency across geographies on our narrative and initiatives.
We’re looking for someone with
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- 15-20 years of experience in corporate communications, preferably in a high-growth technology and/or financial environment.
- Extensive experience collaborating with C-level leaders and other senior executives on challenging corporate issues, and a proven track record of resolving them successfully.
- Strong relationships with key business and technology editors, influencers, allies and industry bodies in the US and internationally.
- An innovative approach to corporate communications, exploring the breadth of today’s media environment.
- A strong track record of hiring the best talent and building highly efficient teams.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.