Global Head of Risk Policy
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
The Risk team plays a critical role in the company’s financial and partnership health. As the Global Head of the Risk Policy team, you will ensure that Stripe has a deep understanding of the partner rules and regulations related to payments products and other financial services. You will take responsibility for setting Stripe’s risk policy that should be operationalized to comply with these requirements and achieve strategic business outcomes by effectively managing risks. This should be done in collaboration with internal teams and external industry counterparts.
- Lead payments risk team responsible for strategic analysis and implications of financial partners (banks, acquirers, processors and network) risk requirements. Manage relationships with financial partners for all matters related to Risk
- Develop comprehensive written policies and work with cross-functional teams to ensure development of formalized procedures consistent with policies
- Ensure Stripe’s Risk controls are at firm-footing for both payment networks and regulatory compliance
- Lead the efforts for the validation, consultation, and performance evaluation of system(s) of controls at Stripe, confirming soundness and strength of policies and procedures to meet world-class standards
- Build a global approach for collecting intelligence on local market, financial partner rules and regulations that should inform our policies and risk management
- Create a stronger risk management culture throughout the company. Engage with business leaders on all strategic initiatives and products to identify risks and mitigation strategies. Work with leadership, legal/compliance and business teams on governance and processes for how we make risk based decisions when developing new products and go to market opportunities
- Hire and build risk policy team in key regions
We are looking for someone who has:
- Payments risk knowledge and external credibility
- 15+ years of experience leading risk or compliance policy organizations in the financial industry, preferably in payments and with global scope
- Ability to build relationships with industry counterparts, regulators, and Stripe board
- Can create a culture of rigor around risk management while helping teams prioritize on key priorities
- Experience working in environments that rely heavily on technology driven risk management
- Strong business focus, with experience leading a risk function in a growth organization
- The ability to lead with urgency and is in the details on things that matter; can lead teams through time-sensitive and high pressure issues
- Strong leadership skills and displayed ability to create risk culture in a high growth oriented organization
- Strong manager and leader capable of building high-performing teams and leading a multi-level organization
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.