Global People Operations Leader
Stripe is on an extraordinary growth trajectory, with over 2,000 Stripes spread across 13 offices worldwide and growing. Together, we are building the economic infrastructure of the internet, helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create jobs, and scale their efforts globally.
One of the key drivers to our success is an exceptional emphasis on our people. We believe that our competitive advantage lies in our talent, and are looking for a Global People Operations Lead to build the engine that drives our processes. The role is both strategic and operational, and will be responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing processes, programs and shared services to support our growing global organization.
You should love to bring structure and scale to complex growth challenges and be skilled at designing global strategic initiatives but also willing to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done!
- Be the subject matter expert in People Ops processes and technology, using knowledge and data to introduce process improvements, identify trends and automation opportunities to eliminate manual work and continue to drive process improvement and order through centralized administration and globalization of processes.
- Implement process improvements, technology, training requirements, etc. that will improve the employee experience, from candidate engagement to on-boarding, in partnership with HR services.
- Work with cross functional teams (Finance, Analytics, Benefits, Global Mobility, etc.) to design, develop and deliver programs and solutions that meet the needs of Stripe as we continue to grow and scale.
- Build collaborative relationships and provide consultative advice to managers and People business partners on HR systems, policies and guidelines interpretation.
- Drive long term systems roadmap for the people team. Coach and lead team members, playing an active role in developing expertise and enabling growth.
- Lead cross-functional People Ops projects for the enhancement of both operational efficiencies and employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle, including process design, mapping, improvements, and automation.
- Lead change management to ensure new processes/technology lands well with internal Stripes and the People team.
- Own and deliver user-friendly training and job-aid resources on new technology, process updates, as well as existing HR standards, operating procedures, processes, policies, and playbooks.
You must have:
- 5+ years of leading an HR operations team
- Experience with Workday
- Discretion and judgment handling confidential and sensitive data
- Strong analytical skills, a proven ability to execute processes, and a flexible approach to problem-solving
You might also have:
- A mind for detail—you are detail-oriented and have patience to audit and dive deep into HR data to determine patterns and check for inaccuracies
- Technical curiosity and interest in evolving trends in HR products and services
- Proven experience launching or driving implementations requiring change management communication
- Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects using standard project management practices and tools
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication (written and verbal), and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at the most senior levels in the organization
- Ability to build collaborative, trustworthy relationships across functions and geographies
- Strategic, enterprise-wide and systems thinking
- Skills to communicate complex technical solutions in a simple manner that can be understood broadly within the organization
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.