Global Partnerships Counsel, EMEA
The legal team at Stripe is looking for an experienced partnerships and business development lawyer to join our team in Dublin or London. As counsel supporting our global partnerships team, you will help to build and grow Stripe’s relationships with financial institutions, payment networks, and technology partners that will be key to Stripe’s growing global economic infrastructure and financial tools for the internet.
Stripe is a global technology company that builds infrastructure for online commerce. We handle billions in transactions each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. Stripe operates within a complex and interwoven legal, regulatory, and financial partnership environment around the world. You should be comfortable supporting highly regulated, often complicated products that require deal work and advice across legal disciplines. Join us and work with a great team to solve hard problems.
In this role you will:
- Serve as counsel for Stripe’s global partnerships team, helping to build and grow Stripe’s relationships with domestic and international financial institutions, payment and card networks, and technology and commerce partners.
- Work closely with Stripe’s payments, banking and financial products, new markets, partnerships, and other teams to structure and negotiate agreements with partners, to manage existing partner relationships, and to get new, fully localized products to market across Stripe’s growing footprint in the EMEA region and around the world.
- Coordinate with product, engineering, and other teams at Stripe to ensure that the deals we enter will support Stripe’s current and future product development.
- Scale our deals and the products they support by helping to develop, share, and deploy knowledge and best practices for working with partners, including the application of payment network rules, regulations, and contractual commitments to Stripe’s products and services.
- Manage outside counsel across multiple jurisdictions to ensure timely and knowledgeable support of critical deals.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- 5+ years of experience as a qualified lawyer working on complex transactions, including being lead lawyer on high-value, strategic deals negotiating opposite experienced counsel.
- A broad legal knowledge that enables you to spot and resolve a variety of legal issues in transactions across multiple jurisdictions (e.g., contract, IP, privacy, consumer protection, regulatory); strong drafting chops with an aversion to gratuitous “whereas”es, “heretofore”s, and other words for words’ sake; and an ability to identify and communicate practical, risk-based solutions to issues as the lead negotiator and drafter of business-critical agreements.
- Experience counseling product teams, technical teams, and other clients on deal structure and its application to goals for their products and teams.
- Strong interest in financial technology.
- Extreme organizational skills.
The person we want to hire for this role will also:
- Be a terrific deal lawyer–willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get into the details of major deals.
- Have worked in, or closely with, one or more technology companies to structure complex financial services relationships.
- Have a solid understanding of payments systems and other financial products and services, as well as related financial services and privacy regulations (or the aptitude and interest to master these areas quickly).
- Have experience doing deals involving major financial institutions and working in a regulated space.
- Have experience doing international deals and working across cultures.
- Love technology and be a quick study on new things, how they work, and what they do.
- Thrive working on a team in a fast-paced environment with priorities that frequently change and occasionally compete.
- Be a great communicator and solid project manager, able to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of deals happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines.
- Please include a resume and LinkedIn profile.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.