Global Litigation and Investigations
Help us grow our legal team!
Stripe strives to build the best products and services helping entrepreneurs around the world to grow their businesses. We work on complex technical and legal problems every day, and we’re looking for a versatile attorney to help protect our growing business. This role will help develop and drive processes for handling disputes and litigation in a manner that aligns with our values.
- Manage a range of litigation and be capable of handling investigation issues involving government entities and regulators globally
- Be involved in all aspects of potential litigation and investigations, including responding to subpoenas and discovery requests; creating and analyzing investigative plans; interviewing and preparing witnesses; and negotiating and drafting settlements
- Develop litigation and investigations strategy
- Partner closely with peers, including Stripe’s Regulatory Legal and Commercial Legal teams
- Supervise outside counsel
- Proactively identify, analyze and mitigate legal risks
- Devise scalable processes and procedures to ensure the litigation function scales with our business
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 10-15 years of litigation experience at a leading law firm or in-house legal department; government trial experience strongly preferred (in-house experience or experience advising technology clients as outside counsel is a plus)
- Strong familiarity with e-discovery issues, including document retention policies and procedures as well as collection, review, and production of documents
- Excellent writing and advocacy skills
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to work well on both long and short-term projects
- California bar membership
The person we want to hire for this role will also be:
- An exceptionally hard worker, capable of getting things done
- A team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, growing company
- Decisive and having excellent judgment, and capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive
You should include these in your application:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.