Global Head of Technical Solutions Engineering
Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies.
Stripe is beloved by developers for the simplicity of our APIs, the thoroughness of our documentation and our focus on developer experience. The Technical Solutions Engineering team is the glue that supports our developers and champions the developer experience as central to the overall experience of our customers. We’re seeking a global lead (based in either Dublin or SF HQs) to rapidly build, expand and grow the TSE team. The head will lead high performing user-facing engineers motivated by improving the lives of Stripe’s developers and users - help them build their businesses on Stripe and use those interactions to influence what we build next. They cultivate the happiness of their teams while guiding them through feedback, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization. This means helping to set team goals, and using metrics to efficiently measure and guide team performance in pursuit of those goals.
- Define and deliver a comprehensive technical support experience for developers integrating Stripe.
- Inspire, motivate and enable individual development and promote career growth of the team
- Develop both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and manage day-to-day operations.
- Define, implement, and monitor key metrics that ensure the future sustainability and quality of the developer and technical support experiences
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment.
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements.
- Develop relationships and work cross-functionally across the entire organization at Stripe to influence others in aiming for the best developer experience possible
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following:
- At least 10+ years of direct people management experience, preferably technical or engineering
- Experience leading product engineering, technical support, engineering services teams (preferably in high-growth technology companies).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical sense and/or operational background and a track-record of making data driven decisions.
- Skill and credibility doing the core work of a user facing technical team with a high bar for quality, and a willingness to lead by example.
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex technical projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Equally comfortable leading discussions with users, non-technical and technical teams
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.