Global Head of Financial Crimes
The Global Head of Financial Crimes will report directly to the Head of Compliance and be a senior leader in the Compliance function. This individual will interact and communicate frequently with Stripe directors, enterprise leaders, and senior business managers and other professionals.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day and enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Oversee and strategically develop Stripe’s enterprise financial crime compliance framework, including anti-money laundering, sanctions, and anti-bribery and corruption for both B2B and consumer-oriented financial services
- Manage and lead financial crimes compliance officers and teams of professionals in APAC, EMEA, LATAM and North America, including support to the money laundering reporting officers (MLROs) for Stripe’s regulated money transmitter, e-money and other entities licensed and supervised by relevant authorities
- Provide strategic guidance to Stripe enterprise and business leaders on the status of the financial crimes program including compliance with existing and upcoming regulatory requirements, change management and potential product implications
- Manage financial crime risk assessments across Stripe’s products and services, with particular focus on Stripe’s regulated entities
- Provide strategic advice to Stripe’s business teams on product and geographic expansion initiatives, enabling Stripe’s growth while mitigating risk
- Serve as a thought leader for supporting and driving innovative, technology-focused compliance solutions with regulators and financial partners
- Develop and maintain Stripe’s relationship with financial crimes counterparts at our partner financial institutions
- Ensure Stripe’s global financial crimes frameworks, policies, programs, and controls (e.g., sanctions, AML investigations, and KYC) and incorporate requirements across all regions
- Coordinate with various stakeholder teams across Stripe, including Legal, Product, Partnerships, and Policy
- Expand and scale Stripe’s financial crimes programs while developing and sustaining high performing teams
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years in an AML/counter terrorism finance (CTF) role, including senior or enterprise-level positions at a firm with global operations
- 5+ years managing teams, including managing senior compliance leaders
- Demonstrated experience designing and executing complex Financial Crimes risk management framework and related initiatives
- Proven ability to lead numerous aspects of an AML/CTF compliance program on a global balance with distributed leaders and resources
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- An effective and relatable “culture of compliance” mentality
- Strong executive communications skills - you can summarize and express complex requirements and operational conditions in an accessible and technically precise manner
Nice to haves:
- Payments or fintech industry experience
- Strong familiarity with related fields, such as anti-bribery and corruption, consumer financial services, international policy, licensing or audit
- Prior work experience as a financial regulator or in managing financial regulatory affairs
- CAMS or CFE certification
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people from various backgrounds with broad technical skills. Stripes take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and empowering entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We contribute to open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues well. The kind of people who commit to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a diverse organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.