Global Head of Environmental Health & Safety
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Amazon and Salesforce—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries. By helping businesses accept payments from anywhere in the world and accelerating the economic shift from offline to online, we aim to increase the GDP of the internet.
The Global Security and Safety team is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of Stripes, business continuity and crisis management, threat assessment and mitigation, and the physical security of our offices around the world. A key element of our future strategy is to develop a fit-for-purpose EHS program which is both best-in-class and scalable for the rapid growth of the company. The current EHS program is in a nascent stage, and the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to be both a creator and a builder – putting their mark on the global EHS program of Stripe for years to come.
- Define and refine Stripe’s Global EHS program from the ground up, ensuring optimal measures are in place to protect Stripes and ensure regulatory compliance in all jurisdictions where we operate
- Work cross-functionally within Stripe to create a safety culture and to drive acceptance and understanding of our EHS goals and objectives
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders, including the broader Global Security and Safety team, Workplace, People, Legal, and others
- Create control and training documents for global standard delivery of EHS services, along with KPIs and key metrics to ensure continuous improvement
- Perform a gap analysis of Stripe’s EHS needs, identify headcount and resources necessary and hire SME’s to support the global EHS program
- Provide expert guidance on EHS technical due diligence, incorporating environmental due diligence (EDD) as well as evacuation, emergency preparedness, building fabric, floor layout, and overall regional/ country, state specific legal compliance
We’re looking for someone who has:
- College degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience in Environment, Health, and Safety
- 5+ years’ experience managing multi-disciplinary and complex projects
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast-evolving environment with minimal supervision
- Have or working towards CSP, CIH, NEBOSH, or CHMM certification
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experience with HAZWOPER and RCRA, as well as EPA and OSHA regulations
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments
- Writing samples are always welcome
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.