Global Head of Consulting Partnerships
In this role, you will develop the worldwide strategy and execution to grow Stripe’s business through developing consulting partner relationships. This includes working with internal teams to build out the value propositions, enablement and programs that will drive the consulting partner businesses. You will also be responsible for cultivating and growing strong executive relationships with key decision makers in the world’s largest GSI organizations to secure new business, negotiate, and close strategic partnerships in support of accelerating Stripe business around the world with our most strategic GSI partnerships. Building deep GSI partnerships will provide Stripe with the opportunity to unlock greater market opportunity, supporting us in accelerating our users’ growth with enterprise customers. This role also includes driving GSI partner participation and engagement in Stripe’s global partner programs, partner marketing, partner enablement and partner co-selling initiatives.You will also work closely with Stripe’s sales, product teams, finance, marketing, operations, and support as well as other groups around the world.
This role requires deep knowledge and experience in building and growing consulting partner and GSI relationships, including evaluating and recruiting new partners, negotiating key commercial agreements and driving joint sales success. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. This individual will also have strong leadership experience in building high-performing teams as well as have a deep understanding of what will be needed to properly resource a partner strategy, working with stakeholders to develop a plan for ensuring the success of a partner, post launch. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and entrepreneurship is a must. An understanding of the economics of the payments space and the e-commerce ecosystem would be a bonus.
- Develop and execute Stripe’s global consulting partner strategy in alignment with Stripe’s global partner and sales strategy as well as regional sales and partner priorities.
- You will orchestrate across teams to develop our consulting partner messaging, value proposition, recruiting, partner agreements, partner programs, enablement, certification and marketing strategy.
- Hire and lead a high-performing team of partner development managers working with Stripe’s large GSI partnerships. Cultivate a team culture that includes high ownership, customer-first focus, fast-paced, high integrity, and an optimistic and positive environment.
- Cultivate executive relationships with partners, optimize partner performance through business reviews, identify additional business opportunities to expand revenue and deploy a joint sales approach with Stripe’s top partners and Stripe’s sales team in the region.
- Develop business and strategic cases for ‘first-of-their-kind’ partnership opportunities and drive consensus among decision-makers.
- Work with marketing and sales on the execution of partner events, sales engagement, building playbooks and collateral to enable partners to sell into customers effectively.
- Create and execute operational processes and legal contracts details with prospective partners through collaboration with Stripe operations, legal and finance teams.
- Report out on a regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadence to all key stakeholders, with a strong analytical approach and crisp communication style.
You must have:
- 15+ years of building and leading high performing partner, sales and/or business development teams in a high growth technology environment.
- Successful track record of developing and growing strategic consulting partnerships at the C-level.
- Experience in creating and executing on a successful, scalable consulting partner strategy for a fast-growing technology company.
- Professional and technical knowledge, as well as an extensive understanding of industry trends and the key players in the competitive landscape.
- Strong leadership experience, including building out teams and creating high-performance, positive team cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with deep experience presenting to senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate high-value deals with a C-level audience and positively influence the outcome.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company with the ability to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly.
- Highly organized, multi-tasking skills, take ownership and be efficient in ambiguous situations.
- Willingness to travel (once it is safe to do so in the future).
- Bachelor’s Degree
You might also have:
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience working in the financial services/payments industry
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.