Credit Risk Strategy and Analytics
Help build the Credit Risk team at Stripe!
Stripe is building a world class Credit Risk team with a goal of managing credit losses while supporting business growth. We’re looking for a creative, smart, and driven individual to lead our Credit Risk Strategy and Analytics team.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills combined with the ability to distill down complex financial concepts to simple narratives. You will have in-depth understanding of payments credit risk, and are adept at building and deploying credit risk policies, models and metrics. Lastly, you enjoy building - you enjoy partnering cross-functionally to drive core credit risk initiatives including risk appetite, portfolio diversification and risk-based pricing.
- Be a culture carrier and possess an entrepreneurial mindset to successfully drive credit risk initiatives including risk appetite, portfolio diversification, collateralization, risk-based pricing.
- Design core credit risk models, loss distributions, stress testing, etc.
- Roll out portfolio monitoring and reporting tools to facilitate ongoing review of key credit risk metrics.
- Evaluate emerging risks, analyze key risk trends and lead the development of prudent risk management in enabling business growth initiatives.
- Nurture deep, trusted partnerships with sales teams across Stripe to facilitate risk-aware decision-making.
- Partner closely with product teams to expand toolkit of risk mitigations.
- Recruit and develop the credit risk strategy and analytics team.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of relevant experience within credit risk management, ideally at a high-growth technology and/or financial services company. Investment banking, management consulting and/or private equity experience will also be considered.
- Risk policy, modeling and reporting experience including articulating risk appetite and limits, designing PD/LGD/EAD models, and credit risk metrics.
- Experience working with and synthesizing large data sets.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to transform data into a dynamic narrative. You have deep empathy for users of credit risk information and are able to create succinct narratives out of quantitative analyses. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative working relationships in order to successfully work with data science, sales and product leaders across Stripe.
- An enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality.
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment.
- An inclination to solve problems systematically via infrastructure and automation.
- A builder’s mindset with a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom.
- 4+ years of direct people management experience.
You also likely have:
- Experience with SQL or a willingness to learn is a strong plus.
To apply please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.