Global Credit Risk Management - Small Business
Help build the Credit Risk team at Stripe!
Stripe is building a world class Credit Risk team with a goal of managing credit losses while supporting business growth. We are looking for a creative, smart, and driven individual to lead our global small business credit risk team. In this role, you will build relationships with the fastest growing technology companies in the world, while managing Stripe’s exposure to credit risk. Candidates should have experience managing small business credit portfolios, building and deploying credit risk policies, and steering the organization to manage to a loss target.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills combined with the ability to distill down complex financial concepts to simple narratives. You will have in-depth understanding of payments credit risk, and are adept at building and deploying credit risk policies, models and metrics. Lastly, you enjoy building for scale - you are adept at managing large data sets, rolling out tools to programmatically monitor and report on portfolio health, and have demonstrated ability to partner with product teams to implement mitigations.
- Be responsible for managing Stripe’s small business credit risk portfolio, report on metrics, and manage the business within loss targets
- Be a culture carrier and possess an entrepreneurial mindset to successfully drive credit risk initiatives ranging from onboarding strategies to pricing analysis and product launches across Stripe
- Roll out tools to programmatically monitor, report and manage credit risk stemming from the startups & growth portfolio
- Partner closely with Data Science and product teams to conduct segmentation analysis and expand toolkit of risk mitigations
- Nurture deep, trusted partnerships with sales teams across Stripe to facilitate risk-aware decision-making
- Recruit and develop the small business credit risk team
- Evaluate emerging risks, analyze key risk trends and lead the development of prudent risk management in enabling business growth initiatives
We’re looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of relevant experience within credit risk management, ideally at a high-growth technology and/or financial services company. Investment banking, management consulting and/or private equity experience will also be considered
- Deep domain expertise in risk policy, business valuation, process optimization, risk mitigation, and reporting
- Strong presentation skills and ability to transform data into a dynamic narrative. You have deep empathy for users of credit risk information and are able to create succinct narratives out of quantitative analyses. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative working relationships in order to successfully work with data science, sales and product leaders across Stripe
- An enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment
- An inclination to solve problems systematically via infrastructure and automation
- A builder’s mindset with a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom
- 4+ years of direct people management experience
You also likely have:
- Experience with SQL or a willingness to learn is a strong plus
To apply please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.