GL Accounting Lead
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create business models, and scale their efforts globally. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We’re growing exponentially, but the opportunity in front of us is still vast.
In order to capitalize on that opportunity we need to balance investing aggressively and operating with financial discipline. Finance is the strategic engine that drives rigorous decision making and acts as the financial stewards of Stripe’s businesses - and we’d like your help.
Stripe is seeking an Accounting leader to join its world class Accounting team. We are responsible for supporting the fast growing, dynamic all aspects of the financial, statutory, and internal reporting processes, financial systems, internal controls, and business support. We’re looking for an Accounting Lead to join our growing Corporate Accounting team and help us scale for the future, in a fast-paced environment that’s growing rapidly. In this role, you will partner with members of our global Finance and Accounting teams, as well as our People, Workplace, and Internal Systems teams.
- Own significant portion of the general ledger accounting processes
- Engage with business partners on new initiatives. Provide clear accounting analysis and advice in order to ensure the initiative is in Stripe’s best interest
- Manage multiple individuals, lead cross-functional initiatives and communicate progress effectively with senior management
- Partner with Finance to account for and analyze spend, support forecasting efforts
- Own the financial statements - monthly close, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules, flux analysis, and reporting deliverables
- Assist with technical accounting analysis, including the preparation of accounting memos
- Assess the effectiveness of internal controls, and design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities
- Maintain up-to-date accounting policies and procedures
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 12+ years of relevant public accounting and/or private industry experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proven experience in the monthly close process and exposure to accounting systems
- Strong analytical skills and strong knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing cross-functional initiatives
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP and the ability to prepare relevant technical accounting memos
- Excellent project management, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience with internal controls
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
You might also have:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.