Fullstack Engineer, LATAM
Enable the growth of our users by delivering amazing product experiences.
As a global platform company, Stripe processes payments, runs marketplaces, detects fraud, and helps entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world. Our success depends on building the best payments system possible for our merchants - when our merchants succeed, we succeed. We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our LATAM team with interest in building payment methods our users need in the region.
- Be responsible for integrating, extending, and expanding Stripe’s products and services to support merchants and their customers in Latin America.
- Help define and measure the quality of our products in the region.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Create user interfaces on top of complex underlying systems such as payment acceptance and money movement infrastructure.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes across the company.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have 6+ years of development experience, building, running, and debugging web applications using modern technologies.
- A strong technical background, including experience as a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- Believe that the mission of building financial infrastructure for Latin America is worth pursuing, and are motivated by reducing the complexity of the existing landscape.
- Are comfortable with goals that are ambiguous, and can help drive them towards clarity.
- Are excited by the impact you create as much as how you achieve it.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders, subject-matter experts, and cross-functional teams.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.