Full Stack Engineer, User Billing
As a full stack engineer in User Billing, you’ll be building and improving a product suite that helps all of Stripe’s products generate and collect revenue, and empowers Stripe’s users and business functions to configure, measure, analyze, and report on pricing and revenue. You will have the opportunity to work on all parts of the stack, from backend infrastructure to data modeling to tools and frontend surfaces for configuring and representing pricing and billing data.
The User Billing team owns an unusual mix of platform, infrastructure, and product problems. We are looking for people with a strong background or interest in working across these domains to build successful platforms and systems. You’re comfortable dealing with many moving pieces, you work effectively across teams and functions, and you have exquisite attention to detail. You’re looking forward to learning new technologies, systems, and problem domains.
- Scope, design, and lead technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale
- Design, build, and maintain internal user-facing experiences, APIs, services, and systems
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company including engineering, product, operations, finance, data science, accounting, sales, and operations
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Align our technical decisions with Stripe’s broad strategic initiatives, while also advocating for needs specific to Stripe’s User Billing domain
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy being a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight internal users and teams
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. For instance, we have wonderful team members who are really focused on distributed systems, but haven’t worked on platforms or products before joining Stripe.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.